Yoga, this millennial practice originating in India, is much more than a simple physical activity. Indeed, it can be an effective ally for those who wish to lose weight in a sustainable and healthy way. In this article, we will explore the different options of yoga for weight loss and the postures to favor for an optimal practice. Let's discover together how this exercise can help you achieve your goals of well-being and a refined silhouette.
1. What are the different types of Yoga for weight loss?
Yoga offers a variety of styles, each with their specific quirks and benefits for weight loss. Here are some of the most suitable types of yoga for losing weight.
Power Yoga is a dynamic and challenging style that combines flowing movements with challenging postures. The intensity of the sessions makes it possible to generate heat, which promotes rapid elimination of the fatty mass. If you're looking to burn calories and tone your body, Power Yoga is for you. It also offers benefits for muscle strength and flexibility.
Bikram Yoga is practiced in a room heated to around 40 degrees Celsius with high humidity. Sessions usually last 90 minutes and include a series of 26 asanas and two breathing exercises. This intense heat burns calories and eliminates toxins from the body, thus promoting weight loss. Bikram Yoga is also recognized for its benefits on the flexibility and regulation of the digestive system.
Ashtanga-yoga is a demanding practice that combines series of specific movements in synchronization with the breath. The objective is to produce an intense internal heat, thus purifying the organism and the muscles. This form of yoga promotes muscle building, improved endurance and can be a great way to burn fat. However, it requires some practice and is more suitable for people who already have some yoga experience.
If you are looking to combine pleasure and exercise, Salsatherapy is for you. This method combines salsa dancing with yoga-inspired breathing and relaxation exercises. By dancing and following the movements of salsa, you will tone your body while having fun. Salsatherapy offers a fun cardiovascular activity, which can contribute to energy expenditure and weight loss. Yogalates Inspired by Pilates exercises, Yogalates combines muscle strengthening and breathing control. This method is perfect for developing your muscles and refining your silhouette. By improving your strength and posture, Yogalates helps you burn calories and gain muscle tone. This approach, merging the advantages of yoga and Pilates, allows for harmonious and complete weight loss.
2. Yoga to lose weight, which postures to favor for an optimal practice?
To maximize the benefits of yoga for weight loss, certain asanas are particularly recommended. Practiced regularly, these postures can help burn calories, strengthen muscles and improve blood circulation.
- The posture of the cobra (Bhujang Asana): this movement strengthens the abdominal strap as well as the deep abdominal muscles. It thus promotes the reduction of fat in the abdominal region. Be careful however, it is contraindicated in case of back, cervical or hernia problems.
- The bow posture (Dhanurasana): it is perfect for strengthening the abdominal belt, activating the digestive system and stretching the back. However, this exercise is strongly discouraged if you have back or neck problems or a hernia.
- The boat posture (Naukasana): it allows you to develop the abdominals, strengthen the back and the legs, while benefiting from the benefits for the stomach.
- The plank (Kumbhakasana): it is a complete configuration which solicits all the muscles of the body, in particular those of the belly, the arms, the shoulders, the buttocks and the thighs. On the other hand, you should avoid it in case of shoulder injuries.
To optimize the effects of yoga for weight loss, adopt these positions regularly by maintaining them for 15 to 30 seconds. Make sure you breathe normally during exercise, thus promoting effective and smooth weight loss. Remember to exercise patience and perseverance, as the results will only be visible in the long term.
In conclusion, yoga is a complete and beneficial practice for weight loss. Choose the type that best suits you and favor the asanas adapted to your needs. Combined with a balanced diet, yoga can become your slimming ally while bringing you well-being and serenity. So, put on your YOGATI mat and let yourself be guided by this age-old practice towards a healthier and more harmonious figure. Namaste